Sudan invitations tenders for consultants for photo voltaic PV irrigation project

The government of Sudan has launched tender seeking consultants to assist in the implementation of an irrigation challenge in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The challenge entails installation of 1,170 solar irrigation pumps in the country. Successful consultants will present engineering and supervision companies, design of photo voltaic water pumping techniques, in accordance with the requirements of each farm.
The corporations will also provide help to the irrigation challenge implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works associated to the set up and commissioning of the photo voltaic pumps. The firms will also help the venture implementation unit via technical and monetary supervision to guarantee that all works are carried out in accordance with the contract specs. The consultants may also participate in the building actions and within the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising efficiency of solar-powered pumping techniques
Erratic rainfall
The solar pumps might be installed in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states the place erratic rainfall is usually experienced due to the arid climate and climate change, with a adverse influence on agricultural yields, based on the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
Ready might be used to pump groundwater. In addition to meals security, the challenge goals to scale back farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are harmful to human health and the environment. Interested firms have until September 14th, 2021 to apply.
The irrigation venture is 75% financed by a $21.7 million mortgage from the African Development Bank (AfDB). The remaining 25% shall be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African institution signifies that the set up of the solar pumps will be completed by December 31st, 2025.
Share

Leave a Comment